BioVan School Visits
Delivery type in-class
Experience Type class-presentation
The BioVan is a traveling exhibit that depicts the journey of the Rio Grande from its headwaters in the mountains to its mouth at the Gulf of Mexico.
- Designed for students in grades K-5.
- Teaches about diverse ecosystems using live animals and plants, along with hands-on “biofacts” like bones and pelts.
- Engages students in thinking about conservation and how our actions matter.
- Led by BioVan Rangers, who teach through interactive science and arts.
- Includes pre- and post-visit resources for teachers to extend learning.