- Mobile:(253) 591-6439
- Landline:(253) 591-6439
MORE EDvites BYMetro Parks Tacoma
Learn about Pond Critters
Delivery type on-site
Experience Type field-trip
Website address -
LITTLE EXPLORERS: POND CRITTERS
Tacoma Nature Center, max. 30
1.5 hours $6.00 per student
Take a close-up look at the wet and wild animals that call Snake Lake home with stories, outdoor play, and a visit with a turtle or toad.
FIELD INVESTIGATIONS FOR GROUPS (FIELD TRIPS)
Field investigations at The Tacoma Nature Center and the Adriana Hess Audubon Center in University Place provide opportunities for learning about wetlands, watersheds, wildlife and other areas of nature study. These popular field trip programs are ideally suited for single classes to provide quality, small group experiences.
INFORMATION ABOUT GROUP SIZE:
- A ratio of one adult for every seven students is required for field investigations (1:4 for children under 6).
- There is no charge for teachers and chaperones.
- Siblings and other extra participants over 2 years old are discouraged and are charged the regular fee.
- Minimum Group Size: 10
Groups under 10 participants are charged $60
- Maximum Group Sizes:
The Tacoma Nature Center – 30
Titlow Beach, Tacoma – 50
INFORMATION ABOUT PROGRAMS:
- All programs have an outdoor component and participants should come dressed for the weather.
- Group leaders may download information packets with activities for the classroom and field journals to copy for the students.
- Programs requested that are not on the menu are subject to approval and are assessed a $50.00 off-menu fee.
- Increase learning! Each program has a linked classroom investigation (outreach program). Increase your students’ learning by booking both a pre-trip classroom program and a field trip today!
- Some scholarship funds for program fees are available. Please fill out and return this application to firstname.lastname@example.org.